Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Mobile Telecommunication Services
- “Application Form” means the form filled out and signed by or on behalf of the Customer when applying for the Service;
- “Agreement “means the Customer's details in the Application Form which the Customer provided to Ooredoo when accepted, these terms and conditions, the Price List, the Tariff and any supplemental agreement;
- “Bill” means any bill, invoice or statement issued to the Customer by Ooredoo stating the Charges for the Customer's usage of the Services and any other sum or fee Due or payable by the Customer to Ooredoo;
- “Charges” means all the charges associated with the Service described in the Price List;
- “Content” means textual, visual, or other information, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sound and other materials appearing on or available through the Service including all information provided by content providers from time to time;
- “Customer” means the Person with whom Ooredoo makes this Agreement;
- “Minimum Period” means a period of 1 (one) month (or any another period agreed in writing) from the day on which the Service is first provided and is applicable only to the Post-Paid Service;
- “Mobile Phone” means a cellular telephone or other device for use on the Network;
- “Network “means the mobile telecommunication system run by Ooredoo;
- “Party” means Ooredoo or the Customer;
- “Person” means an individual, body corporate (wherever incorporated), unincorporated association, trust, partnership or firm (whether or not having separate legal Personality) government, state or agency of a state, or any other entity or two or more of the foregoing;
- “Pre-Paid Service” means any of the Services provided by Ooredoo on a pre-paid basis;
- “Price List” means the most recent list of Charges which Ooredoo publishes or otherwise makes available to the public and updates from time to time;
- “Post-Paid Service” means any of the Services provided by Ooredoo on a post-paid basis;
- “Recharge Card” means a Ooredoo recharge card containing the value indicated on the recharge card and which if used according to the instructions given by Ooredoo will extend the validity period of the Customer's usage of the Pre-Paid Service;
- “Rights” means copyright, trademark, and other relevant proprietary and intellectual property rights relating to the Content;
- “Service” means any or all (as the case may be) of the following services: airtime service enabling the Customer to make or receive calls and to send and receive data by means of the Network, the ability to send and receive email via the Internet, the ability to access information from the Internet and any additional services that Ooredoo agrees to provide to the Customer from time to time;
- “SIM Card” means the card which the Customer needs to use the Service;
- “Suspension Period” means the period during which a Customer on a Pre-Paid Service whose use of the Service has been barred or suspended may access the Service by re-charging according to the instructions on the Recharge Card;
- “Tariff” means the most recent publicly available version of the document which details the services and pricing offered by Ooredoo;
- “CAM” means the Communications Authority of the Maldives;
- “User Guide” means any guides or documentation supplied with the Customer's Mobile Phone either by Ooredoo or by the manufacturer of the Mobile Phone which explains how the Service works and how to use the Mobile Phone;
- “Ooredoo” means Ooredoo Maldives with a registered office at 2 Floor, Urban Development Unit Building, Hulhumale', Male', Po Box 2196, Republic of the Maldives under Company Registration Number C-633/2004.
(a) Alter the number assigned to the SIM Card, or any other name code or number associated with the Service for reasons beyond Ooredoo’s control or where Ooredoo reasonably believe that the alteration will enhance the Customer's use of the Service;
(b) Temporarily bar or suspend the Service (or any part of it) for operational reasons or in an emergency or for reasons of security;
(c) Bar or suspend certain numbers from the Service on a temporary or permanent basis in order to prevent fraud or in circumstances where Ooredoo would suffer a loss.
That all factual information the Customer provides to Ooredoo is correct;
To take adequate precautions to prevent damage to or unauthorized use or theft of the SIM Card, any unused Recharge Card and the Customer's Mobile Phone;
To inform Ooredoo as soon as possible if the SIM Card, any unused Recharge Card or the Customer’s Mobile Phone is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed or likely to be used in an unauthorized manner and to co-operate with Ooredoo in our reasonable security and other checks.
Fraudulently, in connection with a criminal offence, in breach of any law or statutory duty;
To send a call or a message or send, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, a nuisance or a hoax in breach of any rights or privacy or otherwise;
Other than in accordance with acceptable use policies of any connected networks and (if appropriate) any relevant internet standards.
(a) Any of the circumstances in paragraph 8.1 or 6.5 apply to the Customer;
(b) In the event of loss or theft or if Ooredoo has reasonable cause to suspect fraudulent use of a payment card, any unused Recharge Card, the SIM Card or Mobile Phone;
(c) The Customer is persistently abusive or make threats or otherwise act illegally towards the public, Ooredoo staff or property; or
(d) A Customer who has subscribed to a Pre-Paid Service does not re-charge their Pre- Paid Service in accordance with instructions that may be issued by Ooredoo from time to time. In the event that a Pre-Paid Service is suspended, all unused credit balances in relation to a Customers Pre-Paid Service will be cleared and credited to Ooredoo with effect from the time of suspension.
(a) The Customer fails to pay the Charges when they are due or to pay any deposit that is required by Ooredoo or breaks this Agreement in any other way;
(b) Ooredoo has reasonable cause to believe that the Service is being used in a way forbidden by paragraph 6.5, even if the Customer is not aware that the Service is being used in such a way and the Customer does not correct the situation within 7 (seven) days of receipt of a request from Ooredoo;
(c) The Customer is the subject of a bankruptcy order, or become insolvent, or makes any arrangement with or for the benefit of creditors or if being a company goes into either voluntary or compulsory liquidation or a receiver is appointed over its assets;
(d) Ooredoo is requested to terminate, bar, suspend or revoke the Customer's use of the Service by the TAM or any other relevant Government or other competent authority;
(e) upon the death of ordure to the mental incapacity of the Customer.
(a) Ooredoo after giving the giving the Customer at least 30 (thirty) days written notice;
(b) Customers on a Post-Paid Service after giving Ooredoo at least 30 (thirty) days written notice;
(c) Customers on a Pre-Paid Service by ceasing to recharge by the end of the Suspension Period.
(a) At the Customer's address stated in the Application Form or any other Maldivian address the Customer supplies to Ooredoo;
(b) By text (SMS), sent to the number assigned to the SIM Card;
(c) By email, where the Customer has supplied an email address;
(d) By publication in any one of the daily newspapers circulating in the Republic of Maldives;
(e) By posting on any Ooredoo internet website.