Terms & Conditions for Amazon Prime Video service
1. In this Agreement unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
a. “Active Subscriber” or “You” or “Your” shall mean a Customer who has subscribed to an Offer of an APV Membership as made available by Ooredoo Maldives Plc.
b. “APV” means Amazon Prime Video as described herein as Offer I and II.
c. “APV Data Bundle” or “Prime Video Data Bundle” means Amazon Prime Video Data pack described herein as Offer III.
d. “APV Membership”, “Amazon Prime Video Membership”, or “Subscription” means a membership to access and use the Amazon Prime Video Service including the benefits offered to a Customer by choosing the Offers stated herein.
f. “Customer” means the rightful user of the Ooredoo mobile, fixed broadband connection who is on eligible postpaid rate plans, in whose name the mobile phone number (MSISDN) or SuperNet account is registered with Ooredoo Maldives. In the event the user number or connection is registered in the name of a company or firm, the person who is authorized to use the MSISDN shall only subscriber after taking the necessary permission from the registered owner to use the number for subscribing for an Offer and accept the terms applicable herein.
g. “Offers” means the arrangements described below under ‘offer details’, each separately referred to as “Offer”
h. “Prime Video Members” means the Customers who have an existing Amazon Prime Video membership with Amazon or who may activate such membership in the future with Amazon.
i. “Trial Period” means the limited period of time stated in an “Offer 1”, when an Active Subscriber is permitted to access the APV Service at no cost pursuant to the Offer.
Offer 1: APV Pack I
2. An existing and new Ooredoo mobile postpaid, SuperNet and Faseyha Postpaid Customer, on all rate plans, may purchase a Subscription to the Amazon Prime Video Service at MVR 49 (excluding tax) for the first 6 months with a 7 day Trial Period.
3. At the end of the 7 day Trial Period You will be charged a monthly subscription fee of MVR 49 (excluding tax) for the Amazon Prime Video Membership starting on the 7th month unless you cancel Your Subscription prior to the end of the Trial Period.
4. Starting on the 7th month and every succeeding month thereafter, You will be charged a monthly subscription fee of MVR 99 (excluding tax). The subscription will be auto renewed with every month bill cycle whether or not you have used the Amazon Prime Video Service, unless you have terminated your Subscription to the service.
5. This Offer I is applicable only one (1) time for one (1) MSISDN. The Offer I cannot be availed for more than one (1) time on the same single MSISDN on which the Offer I has been availed.
6. In event of voluntary or involuntary deactivation of the Offer, Active Subscriber will not be able to avail the Offer I again.
Offer2: APV Pack II
7. An existing and new Ooredoo mobile postpaid, SuperNet and Faseyha Postpaid Customer, on all rate plans, may subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video Service at MVR 99 (excluding tax) per month. The subscription will be auto renewed with every month’s bill cycle whether or not You have used the Amazon Prime Video Service, unless You have terminated Your Subscription to the service.
Offer 3: APV Data Bundle
8. All Ooredoo existing and new mobile postpaid customers on all rate plans may subscribe to the Ooredoo Prime Video Data Bundle at MVR 191 (excluding tax) with 5Gb of data allowance exclusively for the usage to be utilized on Amazon Prime Video streaming.
9. You will not be able to use the data allowance under this Offer for any other internet services other than Amazon Prime Video. For any data consumption after 5GB volume will be consumed/charged from the plan inclusive data volume or will be charged as per the applicable data charges for the rate plan.
10. You will be charged a monthly subscription fee of MVR 191 per month, the subscription will be auto renewed with every month bill cycle on the following months from the activation date whether or not You have used the Amazon Prime Video Service, unless You have terminated your subscription to the service.
11. Please note that the list of Plans are indicative and Ooredoo Maldives Plc shall be entitled to modify such list from time to time.
13. The Offers stated above shall not be applicable to existing Prime Video Members.
ACTIVATION AND TERMINATION
14. To avail the Amazon Prime Video Offers, you are required to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video Service by undergoing any of the following:
a. Subscription via SMS
i. Text APV to 5555 to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video Service
ii. Text APV to 5555 once the confirmation message from 5555 is received to indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the Amazon Prime Video Service;
iii. Click on the Amazon Prime Video activation link that will be sent via SMS;
iv. Create your Amazon account or log in to your existing Amazon account; and
v. Click the "ACTIVATE" button to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video Service
b. Subscription via My Ooredoo App or Selfcare Portal
i. Download the MyOoredoo app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the My Ooredoo app and click on the special Ooredoo – Amazon digital card (available only to eligible Ooredoo customers).
ii. Signup for an Amazon Prime Video Membership by registering a phone number and password – no credit card or additional information required since customers are charged through their Ooredoo bill.
iii. Create your Amazon account or log in to your existing Amazon account.
v. Download the Prime Video app and begin streaming a broad selection of the latest movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Prime Originals.
15. In the event that you intend to use your existing Amazon Prime Video account to complete the login process, you must ensure that the said account does not have an active Amazon Prime Video subscription to be able to subscribe to the Amazon Prime Video Service.
16. You will need to log in to the Amazon account linked with your Amazon Prime Video Membership either through the Amazon Prime Video app or www.primevideo.com.
17. You may choose to terminate your subscription to the Amazon Prime Video Service and access either by: From My Ooredoo App selecting “My Services" then “Amazon Prime Video” by choosing “Deactivate".
18. By subscribing to the Amazon Prime Video Service, You confirm that You:
a. Are 18 years old or above. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the service only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
b. Have read, understood, and agreed to abide by the following:
i. Ooredoo Maldives Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Mobile Telecommunications Services
iii. Privacy Statement of Ooredoo Maldives PLC.
c. Allow Ooredoo Maldives to share your mobile number and other required information to Amazon to enable us to provide you with the Amazon Prime Video Membership.
d. Understand and agree that:
i. to monthly subscription, whether or not you have used the Amazon Prime Video Service, unless you have terminated your subscription to the service; and
ii. Data charges apply as specified when watching shows and movies on Amazon Prime Video Service
19. We expressly confirm and you accept that Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
20. Offer is not redeemable or refundable for cash, and cannot be exchanged against any other offer benefit;
21. Offer is non-transferable to any third party.
22. The Offer shall be DEACTIVATED OR TERMINATED if the Subscriber during the Offer Period:
a. moves out of Ooredoo network;
b. migrates Subscription to a mobile prepaid rate plan within the offer period activation
c. Deactivates Ooredoo Mobile postpaid, SuperNet or Faseyha connection and ports out to another telecom operator; or
d. Where service is barred or suspended for any reason whatsoever.
23. The Offer is valid in the territory of the Maldives.
24. Ooredoo reserves the right to cancel the availed offer and no further notice shall be given by Ooredoo Maldives Plc or Amazon Prime Video in this regard.
MODIFICATION OF OFFER
25. Ooredoo Maldives Plc and the Amazon Prime Video reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify these Terms and Conditions of the Offers or any part thereof at any time during the Offer Period and without prior notice to You, if so required in view of business exigencies and/or guidelines issued / amended by Communication Authority of Maldives (CAM) and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the participating Subscribers availing this Offer.
26. Where Ooredoo Maldives Plc modify these Terms, the modified terms will be posted on www.ooredoo.mv. You are therefore advised to check this Website regularly for any update(s) or amendment(s) made to these Terms and Conditions and in the event the modified or amended Terms and Conditions are not acceptable to You, you should discontinue the Offer. Your continued participation in the Offer will constitute Your acceptance of the latest revised Terms and Conditions.
WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER
27. Ooredoo Maldives Plc reserve the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, suspend or prematurely withdraw the Offer(s) at any time during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by Communication Authority of Maldives (CAM) and/or statutory changes without any notice to You and the same shall be binding on the Subscribers availing this Offer.
28. You agree that this Offer(s) is being made purely on a “best endeavor” basis and subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the Offer is voluntary and You expressly agree to avail the Offer at your sole risk. Ooredoo Maldives Plc shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability to any Subscriber arising due to availing of the Offer.
29. Ooredoo Maldives Plc makes no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, meeting of Your requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security of the Offer and/or any delay or failure to avail the Offer including due to technical or network problems. To the extent you choose to avail this Offer, you do so at your own initiative and You shall remain responsible for compliance with the Terms and Conditions herein, any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. You agree not to hold Ooredoo Maldives Plc, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and agents or representatives liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the Winner or any participant or third party, in connection with the Offer or arising otherwise.
30. Ooredoo Maldives Plc reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the offer at any time without notice. In no event will Ooredoo Maldives Plc be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to the offer. Ooredoo Maldives Plc may also impose limits on the use of or access to the Offer, in any case and without notice or liability. Under this Offer, Ooredoo Maldives Plc’s responsibility shall only be limited in providing telecommunications service on Ooredoo Maldives Plc’s network for Subscribers availing this Offer.
31. The Subscribers shall escalate to Amazon any claims, issues, damages or losses with regards to the quality or functionality with regards to Amazon Prime Video Service. Ooredoo Maldives Plc will not have any responsibility related to the same and will not support any query or complaint of the participants.
32. Ooredoo Maldives Plc has no liability against any claims arising out of or in connection with the use of the Amazon Prime Video content or for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused to Subscriber or any third party in connection with the subsistence of the Amazon Prime Video Service or any other Amazon Prime content.
33. You shall indemnify and keep indemnified Ooredoo Maldives Plc, its officers, directors, employees, customers, affiliates and agents or representatives harmless from and against any and all actual claims, suits, proceedings, action, liabilities, expenses, costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs), losses or damages of whatsoever nature, which Ooredoo Maldives Plc may incur, pay or become responsible arising out of or in connection with the Your breach of these Terms and Conditions. Ooredoo Maldives Plc shall have the right to defend themselves, pursuant to this clause, at the cost of the Subscriber in breach.
34. This Offer(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other alternative offer or promotion of a similar nature.
35. By availing this Offer(s), You confirm and waive the applicability of rules and regulations of the Do Not Call/Disturb registry and You agree to receive promotional messages and alerts under the current Offer and upcoming offers from Ooredoo Maldives Plc, as it may in its sole and absolute discretion decide.
36. This Offer is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. Act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Ooredoo Maldives Plc.
37. This Offer is subject to guidelines/directions issued by Communication Authority of Maldives (CAM) or any other relevant governmental or regulatory or other statutory authority from time to time.
38. In case of any conflict between the Terms and Conditions stated herein that of Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Mobile Telecommunications Services, the latter shall prevail.
39. Failure by Ooredoo Maldives Plc to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of those Terms and Conditions and shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
40. Subscriber may contact the customer care regarding any queries, complaints, disputes pertaining to the Offer.
41. You hereby authorize Ooredoo Maldives Plc to collect information and share with its partners so as to enable you to avail the Offer or receive relevant offer and marketing communications.
42. You agree that Ooredoo Maldives Plc has no responsibility and liability with regard to the privacy, safety and security of any information (including personal information) that You may have to share independently with the Amazon or any third party under this Offer.
43. By participating in the Offer, you confirm to abide by all intellectual and industrial property rights, including copyrights or trademarks belonging to Ooredoo Maldives Plc and to any third party content licensor to Ooredoo Maldives Plc that is made available through the Offer.
44. These Terms and Conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of Maldives. In the event of any disputes or any matter arising here from the matter will be referred to a panel of 2 senior executives of Ooredoo Maldives Plc, who will together with the Customer reach a solution. Where no solution is reached after 30 (thirty) days, the Parties may refer to the matter to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maldivian Courts.
45. Amazon.com, Inc. or is affiliates are not sponsors of the Offers. The Amazon Prime Video Service is owned and operated by Amazon Digital Services LLC or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Amazon, Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.