New number owner is required to visit OEC with previous number owner’s authorized letter and ID card/copy.
- Only valid and non-expired national ID card is accepted.
- In case number is being activated on behalf of another customer, authorized letter and ID card or ID card copy will need to be presented.
For foreigner’s / visa holders / Work permit holders:
- Work permit/Passport is accepted for number activation.
- 999 range numbers cannot be activated on a prepaid plan.
- Requested numbers are subject to availability. MVR 100 will be collected for requested numbers. Additional charges will apply for a requested number based on number category (gold/silver/platinum).
International Roaming services are activated by default for prepaid plans
- The validity of the number will be based upon the recharge value.
- Once validity of the recharge is reached, customer will enter a Grace period.
- Grace period: Prepaid customer will be in Grace period for a period of 20 days after the validity period is over. During this period, customer will have credit balance on the number, and it will be retained if customer does a recharge. However, customer will only receive incoming calls and will not be able to use any outgoing services (Customer will not be able to use credit balance).
- Suspension period: Prepaid customer will be in suspension status for 180 days after end of Grace period. In Suspension period, customer’s outgoing services will continue to be barred, but will receive incoming calls. Once customer goes into suspension period, all remaining credit will be lost.
- Deactivation: Prepaid number will be permanently deactivated if the customer does not make a recharge during the end of suspension period.
- Once customer number is deactivated, anyone can activate the number.
- When customer is in Grace period or Suspension period, customer can do a recharge and reactivate the number. The number cannot be activated by anyone else during this period.