- In the month of activation, rental fee and allowances will be prorated.
- Rental fee is charged in advance.
- All allowances will be renewed on the 1st of each calendar month.
- Any unused minute allowances will be carried forward for 1 calendar month unless the allowance is unlimited.
- Any unused data allowance will not be carried forward.
- On all plans, data usage is truly unlimited, and once fair usage allowance is reached speed will be throttled.
- PowerUp packs will restore data speeds, and will be valid till end of the calendar month.
- Ooredoo Data 149, 198, 199, 249, 298, 299, 399, 499, 599, 899, 999, 1999, 2999, 5699 are applicable for only Ooredoo Mix and Ooredoo Postpaid plans, & are not applicable on Postpaid 200, Postpaid 400, Postpaid 600, Postpaid 800, Postpaid 1000, Postpaid 1499 and Postpaid 1999.
- Unlimited calling has a fair usage policy of 45,000 minutes.
- Free buddy allowance will have a fair usage policy of 1,000 minutes per number. Free buddy number has to be an Ooredoo number, and can be changed once per calendar month.
- Postpaid 200, Postpaid 400 and Postpaid 600 will have an excess call rate of MVR 0.90/min.
- Unlimited SMS allows unlimited SMS to all local mobile number.
- Postpaid 200 customers will be charged at MVR 0.10/SMS for excess SMS usage.
- Short code calling and texting will be charged, and will not be deducted from free minutes and SMS.
- All plan upgrades are free, and plan can be changed once a month.
- 50% IDD discount will only apply for Premium calling method.
- A deposit is required for International Roaming. Visit the nearest Ooredoo Experience Centre to apply and activate International Roaming service.
- Additional 6% GST is applicable for all telecom products and services.
- Only valid and non-expired national ID card is accepted.
- In case number is being activated on behalf of another customer, authorized letter and ID card or ID card copy will need to be presented.
For foreigners / visa holders / Work permit holders:
- Work permit/Passport is accepted for number activation.
- 999 range numbers can only be activated on a postpaid plan.
- Requested numbers are subject to availability. MVR 100 will be collected for requested numbers. Additional charges will apply for a requested number based on number category (gold/silver/platinum).
Number ownership change
- New number owner is required to visit OEC with previous number owner’s authorized letter and ID card/copy.
- For postpaid customers package fee and deposit will be collected as it functions as a new activation.
- On postpaid plans customer has to visit an OEC and make a deposit of MVR 2000 to activate International Roaming service.
- Customer can request someone to activate service on his or her behalf. Authorization letter from customer and ID card copy will need to be presented for service activation.
- Ooredoo Postpaid bill date is 1st of each month and the bill due date is 21st of each month.
- Barred period: Should customer fail to pay the bill by the due date (21st), the number’s outgoing services will be stopped as per dunning process and will continue until the next bill date.
- Suspension period: If the customer fails to settle his/her bill after barring before the next bill run (1st of following month), the line will be suspended and both outgoing and incoming services will be stopped.
- Deactivation: If the customer’s outstanding amount is not cleared within 30 days of suspension, the number will be deactivated.
Ex: Aisha gets her postpaid bill of MVR 200 on 1st of April. Aisha does not to pay the bill before 21st April and her number is barred on 22nd April, and all outgoing services are stopped. If Aisha does not settle the bill by 30th April, her number will be suspended on 1st May. If Aisha does not pay her bill in May, her number will be deactivated on 31st May.
- 3 months after number is deactivated, the number is released for resale.
- During the 3 months’ period, only the original owner will be able to activate the number. Original owner will have to clear all outstanding amounts, repay any difference in the deposit and advanced monthly amount to reactivate the number.
- Between 3 months and 6 months, any new customer can purchase the number. However, new customer will have to clear all outstanding amounts to purchase the number.
For postpaid deposit refund
- Deposit for postpaid customers will be refunded after the last bill run has been done for the number and last invoice has been generated.
- In case of any outsranding bill amount, deposit amount will be used to adjust the bill amount.