* Limited to Google Pixel 4, 4 XL, 3, 3XL, 3A, 3A XL
How to remove eSIM on iPhone
Follow these steps to remove your Ooredoo eSIM from iPhone
Navigate to Settings on your iPhone
Select Mobile Data from the list
Select Secondary from the options
Tap on Remove Data Plan option
To remove eSIM, tap on Remove Ooredoo Plan
How to remove eSIM on Pixel
To remove your Ooredoo eSIM from Pixel, follow these steps
Navigate to Settings on your Pixel
Select Network & Internet
Select Mobile Network and choose Advanced
Select Carrier and tap on Settings icon
To remove eSIM, tap on Delete
An eSIM is an electronic SIM card. This will replace the physical, plastic SIM card all current smartphones use with a virtual embedded equivalent that cannot be removed.
If you are replacing SIM E to P (Electronic SIM and physical SIM), the charges are same as SIM replacement
- Prepaid - SIM charge only
- Postpaid - Package monthly fee and deposit only
- Tourist SIM – Package Fee
- Visit our website.
- Select your desire package.
- Fill up the KYC & make the payment.
- You will receive welcome mail with the QR code.
- Once you scan your QR code eSIM will be activated.
- If the KYC does not match, your line will be disconnected.
eSIM will be activating on the time you scan the QR code and enable it.
In case your activation has failed, ensure that you have a steady WiFi connection and use the QR code provided to start the activation process as defined by your handset vendor.
If you’re an existing customer, you can go to your nearest Ooredoo Experience Centre and request to change from a physical SIM to an eSIM.
No. Customer should remove eSIM from activated device and scan the QR code to activate in another device.
Your eSIM will work only with handsets that support eSIM.
At this point, iPhone XR, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max supports eSIM, along with Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL. You also need to ensure that you are using the latest software version that enables eSIM.
To active eSIM, your device should be connected to wifi (or connect mobile data) and follow the below steps.
On Google Pixel, tap Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Carrier > Scan QR code.
Oon Apple iPhone, Tap Settings > Mobile Data > Add Data Plan > Scan QR code.
Once the eSIM is activated, you will get a confirmation message.
Important: When you are trying to activate the eSIM, please ensure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network that is stable.
- Whether you are connected to a WiFi or data network.
- Whether you should have the latest iOS 12.2 on their devices for the eSIM to work.
- Whether QR code is used by another device.
- Whether QR code is valid.
- To remove eSIM, your device should be connected to wifi (or connect mobile data) and follow the below steps.
- On Pixel, tap Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Carrier > select Setting Icon > Delete.
- On iPhone, Tap Settings > Mobile Data > Secondary > Remove Data Plan > Remove Ooredoo Plan.
- Ensure that the eSIM profile is deleted from your handset or replace your eSIM from any Ooredoo shop. If you want to remove eSIM, refer to the device’s user manual to see how you can do this.
- After you delete your profile, request for a new QR code from Ooredoo. Follow the process detailed in the user manual of your new handset to activate your eSIM with a QR code.
- Ensure that the eSIM profile is deleted from your handset. Refer to the device’s user manual to see how you can do this.
- After you delete your profile, request for a new QR code from Ooredoo.
- Follow the process detailed in the user manual of your new handset to activate your eSIM with a QR code.
If you have accidentally deleted the eSIM profile, you will receive the notification that your profile has been deleted. If you have the QR code, you can scan it and activate its or if you lose the QR code you need to replace the eSIM and get a new QR code.
All services should work seamlessly, like the normal SIM, including international roaming.
If you don’t have the QR code voucher that was initially provided, then you will need to visit the nearest Ooredoo Experience Centre for issuing an eSIM swap.
This is a phone memory feature. Although the handsets should support 10 profiles, we recommend that you check the user guide of your device as it may vary from one device to another.
Call 929 and report the loss of the handset and request for deactivation.
Yes, customer can update by visiting nearest OEC within 3 working days.
- He/she can request for a refund.
- If customer wants to re-activate he/she can activate the eSIM by visiting OEC before the refund process starts.
- The Customer (hereinafter referred to as “You”) agree, that by accepting these terms and making your payment on this website, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions for eSIM and the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Mobile Telecommunications Services of Ooredoo Maldives Plc. These Terms, together, form an Agreement between You and Ooredoo Maldives Plc (hereinafter referred to as “Service Provider” or “Ooredoo”).
- For the Service to be activated, the You shall make an application on the website for eSIM (hereinafter referred to as the “Application”) and Service Provider shall validate such Application and accept or reject it based on the Terms and any other eligibility criteria as Service Provider may set from time to such for making such application.
- For Your Application to be eligible and considered by the Service Provider the following conditions shall be fulfilled;
- Any outstanding bills to Service Provider for any Services provided to You, or a Service registered under Your name shall be cleared for Your Application to be considered by the Service Provider.
- A color copy of Your ID card must be uploaded as a supporting document confirming Your identification to the Service Provider. The copy shall consist of both sides of the identification document.
- The identification document uploaded should be valid and effective at time of validation of such by the Service Provider. The photograph, identification number and any other details on the identification document should be clear and up to the standards acceptable to the Service Provider.
- Upon successful submission of the Application, the Service Provider will provide You with a conditional and temporary Service within which the Service Provider will validate Your request and update You on the permanent status of Your request through the email address You have provided at time of making the Application.
- For applications made between 08:30 hours to 20:00 hours on working days, Service Provider shall validate such application within 30 (thirty) minutes from the successful submission of the Application. For applications made after 20:00 hours of a working day, the Service Provider shall validate such Application before 10:00 hours of the next working day.
- Service Provider reserves the right, in its subjective, sole and entire discretion, to accept or reject any Application made for an eSIM for any reason it deems appropriate in its subjective opinion.
- Where Service Provider rejects an Application made, Service Provider will inform You through the email address You have provided at time of making the Application.
- Where the Service Provider rejects Your Application, the conditional and temporary Service provided to You shall be disconnected without any liability to You.
- Where the You wish to resubmit a revised Application and reconnect the Service, the You will be required to visit an Ooredoo Experience Center (OEC) within 24 (twenty-four) hours from such disconnection of Service by the Service Provider. Where You do not make a revised application within 24 (twenty four) hours through an OEC, the payment made by You to Service Provider at the time of making the Application for eSIM Services shall be sent for refund processing subject to the terms and conditions stated herein.
- Where Service Provider rejects the Application made, any amounts paid by You for prepaid recharge, postpaid monthly fee and/or postpaid deposit will be refunded to the You through the account details You have listed in Your Application. However, You shall be liable to pay Ooredoo for any services utilized on the E-SIM during the conditional and temporary Service provided to You. Where the conditional and temporary Service provided to You, was provided on a postpaid connection as requested in Your application, any amounts payable to Ooredoo shall be deducted from Your initial payment to Ooredoo at the time of application.
- Where no issues arise in relation to processing a refund, the Service Provider will make the best efforts, commercially reasonable, to process any refund within 10 (ten) working days.
- Upon successful validation of an Application and subsequent acceptance of an Application, Service Provider will send You an email confirmation consisting of the eSIM details, QR code required for activating the E-SIM and Your mobile number.
- By using the QR Code provided to You, You can activate the Service on Your device. You agree to use the eSIM for your own personal use and for the purpose of registering your eSIM profile (“QR Code”) only. You agree to Keep the QR Code and Profile both as confidential and not share it with any third party.
- You will need to retain this QR Code for future re-registration of your eSIM profile on the current or new device. Where You have lost the QR code and wish to replace it, You will be required to follow the procedure for SIM replacement as may be decided by Service Provider.
- This QR Code can only be uploaded by compatible eSIM devices and You agree that the responsibility to ensure that the compatibility of Your device rests solely with You and the Service Provider assumes no responsibility or liability for such confirmation for any reason whatsoever.
- The QR Code shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed to a third Party. You are responsibility for the confidentiality and safe keeping of the QR Code. Any disclosure, whether intentional, negligent or otherwise shall be at Your own risk and liability and Service Provider shall not be responsible or liable for any such warranted or unwarranted disclosure on Your part.
- In case of loss of Your device containing active Service Provider active eSIM, You would be required to visit your nearest Service Provider Experience center and inform of such to Service Provider. You may either request to deactivate the E-Sim or You may request for SIM replacement and fulfill the required process accordingly.
- Any disputes arising from this transaction shall be governed by the Laws of the Maldives and may only be resolved as provided for in Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Mobile Telecommunications Service.